Sunday, June 12, 2011

seriously?

The other day I was in the store with my mom. She ran into a lady she knew and was talking to her. A ways into the conversation the lady said something to the effect of "oh, but you're not even in high school yet are you?" to which I replied, "actually I'm OUT of high school."

YES THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME. 


and YES THIS HAPPENS TO ME PRETTY MUCH EVERY TIME I MEET SOMEONE NEW. 


oh, and yes, it is quite bothersome. (if you couldn't tell)

I blame the media. I mean, yes, I do agree that I look young for my age, BUT the media makes kids out to look so much older than they should. I mean, watch any movie about high school. Do you know how old those actors really are? Yeah, they're like 25- that is not what a normal 17 year old looks like. So please, stop asking me if I'm 14. And please believe me when I tell you I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment