Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fear

Not being afraid is hard. I am afraid of so many things, but the funny thing is that I am afraid for no reason at all, every time I have done something I was afraid of it turned out okay. Actually most of the time, more than okay. I think fear is a tool that the adversary uses to hold us back.
In mission prep class we talked about how important it is to not tell ourselves we can't. Brother Bott encouraged us to review our "mental tapes" (what we tell ourselves, how we see ourselves) and to quit sabotaging ourselves. I've realized I tell myself to be afraid. A lot of times I have no reason for being afraid, or completely ridiculous reasons, but I listen to myself rather than logic, or people who love me. I just have to tell myself not to be afraid, because it IS going to be okay. I worry so much about what might go wrong, that I keep myself from anything that might go right.
It is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment