Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission

Although, it is highly unlikely that I will grow another 12 inches anytime soon.

Being the age that I am (and going to the school that I do) means most of my guy friends have/are soon to be leaving to serve the Lord for 2 years.

And I am just so so excited for them!

I know they are already so awesome (hence our friendship), but I know they will be so much more than they already are. They are going to be fantastic missionaries! They are going to bring the gospel to so many children of God all over the world.

My favorite part about going to school at BYU is the people. They are all amazing! The boys, specifically, are somewhat of a wonder. It was just an amazing experience being so far away from home, yet feeling so safe. Because I knew that I could call up my home teachers, or the elder's quorum president, or my FHE brothers and ask for a blessing, or help studying, or anything, and they would be there. Being able to depend on guys my own age like that is kind of a big deal. You guys are kind of a big deal. And I want to thank you for that.

"And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage (dependability, integrity), and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted." (Alma 53:20)

To my friends who are departing on missions:
I look up to you so much, I cannot even describe how much you have each helped me and changed my life. I know you are going to change many more lives, not just in the next 2 years, but for the rest of your lives. I know this because of the people you are and because of the people I know you will become. You are as the army of Helaman. I am working towards and hoping for the day when I can serve the way you are. Love you all, I am so happy for you, go change the world.

1 comment:

  1. I remember being so jealous of my guy friends who were leaving on their missions. I wanted to go, too! I swore I would, but then I met my future husband and he said he wouldn't wait for me. :) I think he was bluffing, but I wasn't willing to take that chance. ;) I love that I found your blog, Trista!

    XOXOXO Sister Giles

    ReplyDelete