I worry about things. A lot. Especially people, especially when I don't know what else I can do for them. I've always thought of this as kind of a bad thing, my worrying. You must understand, it's a bit extreme, I worry about EVERYTHING. I have an overactive imagination, and that certainly doesn't help.
Yesterday I went to my great great aunt's funeral. She was a wonderful lady. She was so caring and thoughtful of others. Her grandson spoke at the funeral, he said if he had one word to describe his grandma it would be Worrier. He explained that she worried about everyone, which meant she cared about everyone, because why would you worry about something you don't care about?
It's like my cross country coach used to say.
He'd ask us, "Are you nervous?"
"Yes." we'd say.
"Good. That means you care." He never really had anything to say to people who weren't nervous, I'd guess he'd be thinking, "You should be" but he was much too tactful for that.
Anyways, back to my great great aunt. That was the first time I had EVER heard the term worrier be used as a compliment and it really made a lot of sense.
So, what I want to tell you is, the next time your mom, or dad, or husband, or wife, sister, brother, best friend, grandma, etc. worries about you. Calls you every 5 seconds just to make sure you're okay, or asks you intruding questions because they're concerned, or whatever form their worry appears in. Don't be annoyed. Be glad you have someone who loves you enough to worry about you.
No comments:
Post a Comment